COLD CHAIN PACKAGING
TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED SUPPLY CHAIN
“Cold Chain” stands for a temperature-controlled supply chain. Some products must be shipped under a strictly controlled cold temperature to ensure their product quality to remain consistently high.
Not controlling the temperature during transport, or not having the ability to prove that you’ve done so, can potentially disqualify valuable shipments and leave you with damaged goods and unhappy customers.
Most frequently used packaging material in cold chain logistics is one-way packaging with non-reusable cooling element (dry ice). Due to the insulation material used together with dry ice this is a quite expensive solution.
In comparison with normal logistics, in cold chain logistics the return on investment ROI on reusable packaging is much faster.
REUSABLE COLD CHAIN PACKAGING
We offer a broad range of reusable cold chain containers. The foldable returnable packaging is suitable for different temperature ranges; from cooled to deep frozen transport.
Summing up some benefits of returnable over one-way packaging in cold chain logistics:
– Superior cooling performance over dry ice
– Maintaining strict temperature ranges for up to 92 hours
– Sturdier packaging with less damage
– Competitive pricing compared to current disposable cold chain boxes
RANGE OF PRODUCTS
The reusable cold chain boxes ZAMKO can provide vary in size from small boxes, to pallet boxes:
We offer the above boxes with a range of passive insulations and PCM plates for each cold chain temperature control required; from cooled to deep-frozen transport. See more details on the product page of our reusable cold chain box.
Also we offer electronic devices for temperature measurement during the trip, giving the customer proof of quality at the point of destination. These devices are easily integrated into the packaging material.
Cold chain logistics are used in many sectors of business.
– Health care logistics
Fresh food distribution & export
– dairy products
– meat producers distributing to the European retail
Frozen food distribution and export
– frozen meat & fish export to Asia
Changing to returnable packaging can bring some challenges along, like management of the returnable packaging and long term investments, which can be a barrier to start. But at the same time you do not want to miss out on the savings. That’s why we have renting- and pooling solutions for you in place.
RENTING: there is no initial investment of returnable packaging.
POOLING: the complete operation of returning, cleaning, repairing and even folding/unfolding the reusable packaging, and the managing and monitoring of this process, can be outsourced and operated by us in a pooling process of returnable packaging which we offer as a service.
You pay-per-use, like with one-way packaging, only you pay less money and use sturdier higher quality packaging materials.
POOLING OF COLD CHAIN PACKAGING
Using returnable boxes up till now was choosing to manage a complicated return process. Not only is the return process an operation which is not your core business, also in order to manage it well requires a lot of attention and experience.
This makes it logical to outsource it to a company specialized in handling and fulfilling this operation.
You can immediately save money on your cold chain packaging by changing to reusable packaging; and outsource all the hassle of returning, cleaning, repairing, (un)folding etc. See our special page for pooling of cold chain packaging
BENEFITS of POOLING
- Our reusable packaging is heavy duty and higher quality compared to the one-way packaging normally used in cold chain logistics.
- No longer do you need cold ice as cooling agent
- No investments in expensive materials are involved, as you pay per trip
- We can supply a tracking device in each pallet box tracking the temperature during the trip. Assuring high quality cooling or freezing from the begin till the end.
- No packaging waste to be disposed of at point of destination
- You don’t have any worries, as everything is outsourced to a long-time specialist
- You directly save money, as the fee per trip will be much much lower than the price you currently pay for your one-way cold chain packaging.
WHAT TO DO?
When you are interested, or have questions please give us a call or send us an email.
We are glad to seek together with you the optimal solution fitting the requirements of your cold chain logistics.